Sunday 17 March 2013

KAREN TAHIRAH IS HOLDING AN-NISA’S HAND



KAREN TAHIRAH IS HOLDING AN-NISA’S HAND, PLEASE SUPPORT HER TOO
MESSAGES FROM HER (5TH MARCH 2013)


My book received a brilliant review in the Sunday Independent the day after my talk... alhamdulillah.
Click on the story on page 18 and please share it with whomever might be interested.

http://thesundayindependent.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Much love,
Karen Tahirah



Dear An-Nisa sisters,

Thank you so much for having me as your guest speaker on Saturday.

It is a rare and very special gift to be given the opportunity to tell my whole story to a group of such open-hearted, kind and intelligent people. I was humbled by your grace and interest in me and my life, and my work.

The decorations around the hall were beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off the scarves - such a perfect, pure blue! - and there were so many special touches that made the afternoon unforgettable. Most of all, I enjoyed every minute of meeting all of you.

I keep learning all the time that Islam is the religion of truth, purity and grace. It is a gift of strength, and Allah WT is always giving - when He gives us challenges and watches how we use them, these are the greatest gifts. My interactions and experience with all of you confirmed this, and made me so happy and grateful to be where I am now. Alhumdul'Allah wahbihamdiki...

May Allah fill your hearts with Light and Strength as you go about your tasks, and may He make you alive to the Mercy in the smallest, subtlest things - in the light that lights up the trees in the mornings, in the smile of a stranger, in the smell of the rain....

Much love,
Karen Tahirah







By Karen Tahirah Jayes
Karen Tahira Jayes won the 2009 PEN/Studzinski Literary Award and has recently published her first novel, For the Mercy of Water, with Penguin South Africa. She does manuscript evaluation and editing for a number of  local publishers, and writes features stories for local magazines and newspapers. She also loves to teach.


==========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment